Sunday, May 18, 2014

Something for your best friend - Opus Gluei #183

I find that making special cards are the hardest........if I just sit down and let inspiration take over, the results seem effortless, but as soon as I have a person in mind, nothing seems good enough.

I set myself the challenge of using a window card I had left over from a set I made a while ago......and I knew what I wanted to achieve, but I'm not sure I did.  The lovely parchment-like paper in the centre is a Kaisercraft one that I fell in love with - you'll see more of it in another post. 


The sentiment is Kaisercraft too, and its most appropriate for the friend I have in mind, because she doubts herself without any reason.  She's the first to see the good in any situation, the first to appear at your side, and the cheerful face I see across my desk every day.

To see what others have designed for their friends, go over to Opus Gluei and prepare to be delighted.


1 comment:

  1. I love the quiet elegance of your card, with the parchment paper, dry embossing, and line drawing. I'm sure your friend will love it. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

love to know what you think.......