Monday, June 3, 2013

OG 158 Birthdays

June is a big birthday month for me, the first week would be exhausting if everyone
had a party on their right day!!  And I'd be so much rounder from all the food and champagne.....  

I've made three cards to share - the first is for my sister in law Gaye who loves bright colours and just seems to cruise through life with a smile no matter what she faces.  I'm not deceived but I SO appreciate her ability to remain positive. I tried to use her favourite colours, and even got out the Cuttlebug to cut some flowers.  The poor machine is so dusty,  I'm amazed that I remember how to use it.  

The second card is for my friend Wendy who loves orange.  Once again I fell in love with the paper and couldn't cover up any of the shadows so there's just a bit of sparkle and some ribbon.  I like the layers of shadows in the paper.

The last card uses my favourite colours and is for my friend Sue.  Can't say how long this layered cardboard flower (and its companions) have been lurking in the busy room boxes...just another thing I HAD to have, and promptly forgot to use......til now.  

Wishing all my friends the very best of birthdays this year.

2 comments:

  1. These are all lovely, but my favorite one is the one for your friend Sue. I like the way you formed an argyle pattern by layering those squares, as well as the interesting color, texture and pattern combination. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. As you can perhaps tell, I am happiest when working with black and white. I've been playing with squares quite a bit lately and I like this combination too.

      Delete

love to know what you think.......