Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Opus Gluei 121 "Out with the old and in with the new"

There's something about staying home that gets me in the mood to spring-clean, even when its summer and so hot the roads melt.  So far there are 6 boxes waiting to be collected by the charity people, but I'm not ringing them yet because I know there's more to find...........I've started the "out with the old" bit.

I even winkled out a few things from the busy room, then I remembered my New Year resolution for 2012 (well, one of them) which is to spend less time on the computer and more time getting gluey, so the first port of call HAD to be OG.  After a day with friends, making cards and eating and laughing and giving eachother advice on every topic under the sun, I had to keep going and raid the boxes for this challenge.  Its all very well saving things to use, but eventually, you actually have to use them (Rosemary, this applies to you too).  My 3 ATCs are my way of getting rid of some old, and recycling them into something new.

The cat is a mosaic from a postcard along with some cord from a parcel. Orange cord is so good you HAVE to save it, but maybe not forever.  The oriental one has a piece of a wrapper from my chinese tea, another snippet of a postcard with tea-mugs, and a brad which just might have a tea leaf or two on it.  The third uses my last piece of handmade gold paper from when I started making cards, oh-so-long-ago, along with an image that reminds me of my Mum's button jar, right down to the rusty lid.

And of COURSE the backgrounds are black; some things never change!!

2 comments:

  1. You always make the coolest stuff! That mosaic is so cool! I really love your work. I collect spools that are antique, so I am in LOVE with your button jar creation!
    Thanks for playing with us at the Opus Gluei!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello darling Chat Noir! You've been missed, OG loves to see your creativity. I apologize for not coming over sooner, I tried, I really did but Blogger kept going to a link and then blanking out. GRRRRRR.....

    Anyway, I finally got over to see what you made. Yep, the mosaic cat image is so cool but I have to admit that the Asian inspired ATC is fabulous too - oh, heck, who am I kidding - I like them ALL!

    Yep, I hear you about using stuff instead of having the museum of unused stash and hopefully this is the year I make a substantial dent in the old stack o' stuff.

    It's so nice to have you back, and I'm glad you still love using black, it works really well here to show off the images on these ATCs.

    Hope that you are able to play with us a lot this year and sending you big big hugs from America!

    ReplyDelete

love to know what you think.......