Thursday, December 23, 2010

Made it!! (OG # 83)

Make it..... make it........ Who has time to make anything more than the bed?  Ah, but then the holidays were upon me and once I caught up with the bits of housekeeping I had conveniently overlooked, and wrapped some Christmas presents, suddenly there was time to play.  So Poobahs, here's my offering........

 My friend Kim and I started school together (more years ago than either of us are prepared to admit) and her birthday heralds the beginning of holidays for us because it was always the day after Speech Night (which at our school was on the last day of the school year). She and I share a love for silver jewellery so it was only a short stretch of the imagination to make this necklace for her.  I've used red coral, silver scallop shells and beads and a couple of tiny hematite (ironstone) balls as well.

And of course there had to be a card.  I used lots of TE goodies here, and some cream card stock that seemed like a good idea at the time, but never seems to look as crisp as black or white........FINALLY, thanks to TE pushing me outside my monotone comfort zone, I have the papers with which to grace colours other than white!

3 comments:

  1. This necklace is gorgeous. I love the red coral. Kim is a very lucky lady. And the card is so pretty too. And only a tiny bit of black. That little touch of bling is perfect. I ALWAYS love seeing your creations. We so appreciate your playing with us at OPUS GLUEI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make your bed?!?!?! Do I need to ?!?!?!
    Love the necklace and the colours in your pretty card are lovely. Love how you've snuck the bling arrow in too! Merry Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I think this is great, and your friend must have loved this (I definitely would have). Thanks for finding time to share this with us at Opus Gluei!

    ReplyDelete

love to know what you think.......