Monday, November 1, 2010

Messages for friends

I love it when I can make a card with someone particular in mind....in principle.......but when it comes to actually sitting up to the desk and choosing colours, papers, ribbons etc, I can't make up my mind.  Here are two cards I made recently - both for good friends of mine.  The first is for a lovely lady going through some sad times.  She makes beautiful things for other people, and is one of those empathetic people who know just when to post you a little present when you need a lift.  My favourite is a box of chocolate frogs she sent me, along with an apology from her sons who had to taste test a couple to check that the packet wasn't past its "Use By" date........  Boys.

I think the two pieces of DP are from Stampin' Up and are a perfect match for the Kaiser flowers.  The brads are from a multi-coloured pack I found at Spotlight, and the ribbon could be from anywhere.  This Busy Room is getting more overloaded than ever before.

This next card had to match a truly exotic beach bag my friend chose from a stall at the Healesville Market last month.  She wandered past and exclaimed over it so much that I had to go back and buy it for her BIG SPECIAL UMENTIONABLE birthday which was last week.  We went out today to celebrate at a local winery where they served us a great lunch with some good wines.  Despite the low clouds we enjoyed the magic views across the vineyards.  Three tables of friends and family made for a lovely l-o-n-g day. 
Everything I've used, except the big green brad, is from one or other of the magical TE Key Ingredients kits I've been gathering over the last few months.  Don't know what I'd have done with out these little packets of surprises which wing their way over every month.  The hardest part was sticking on the tiny sequin stars......I need better glasses, and smaller fingers!!

3 comments:

  1. You are such a sweetie to make these beautiful cards for your friends. I had to laugh at the apology note about the frogs. I completely understand the boys actions. Sounds like something I should consider in the future, you know, the apology note. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello There,Nice Blog
    Wow!! Christmas is coming Soon and I have the Perfect Gift Idea For Christmas!!!
    An Amazon Gift Card!!!
    Make Shopping for your Christmas Easy This Year at Amazon.com
    Redeemable for Thousands of Products with WorldWide Shipping and No Expiration Date!!!
    BookMark this Link for Easy Amazon Shopping!!!
    Amazon Gift Cards a Perfect Present for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been here for so long...these cards are lovely, I can't believe you put all those little sequins on. It's spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete

love to know what you think.......