Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Anyone for chocolate?

Now I have to say that brown is not a colour I use very much, but I do like its vintage look, and its softness.  And of course it reminds me of one of my favourite foods.... no I DO NOT mean burnt toast, or even vegemite.  I might be fifth generation Australian, but there are other things I'd rather have on my toast than vegemite.....like maybe crunchy peanut butter, or quince jelly.

 Back to the point....  I was reading Lisa's post yesterday about the lastest Pink Elephant Challenge which she'd entered as a member of their design team (where does she find the time??) and thought it was about time I branched out a little.  This is what I made for their TPE 76 Color Challenge "Brown". 

I finally found a use for this interesting piece of brown on brown faded DP but it needed a layer of cream underneath to separate it from the black CS base.  I gathered up a variety of flowers, including an embossed SU Eastern Bloom, and layered them on along with some plain and spotted ribbon and some black and white brads.  Its my sort of birthday card.

3 comments:

  1. You've made brown interesting, and that's really saying something. I like all of the embellishments, it came together really well.

    (never tried vegemite or quince jelly but I'm tracking with you on the crunch peanut butter - yum)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this Carolann - the black made an appearance but is perfect on your card!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete

love to know what you think.......